PDA

View Full Version : Howzit!

Hee_Haw
06-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been on all sorts of discussion forums for God-knows-how-long, but it's finally nice to have discovered (thanks 468 Heavyweight!) a local forum to "talk story" with people from home.

Not only do I get to talk story, but I get to see everyone's great vehicular hobbies, be it motorsports (c'mon O'ahu, get that track re-opened/ moved!), R/C racing (which I did some during the Keehi off-road track days), and especially, Slot Car Drag Racing (which the AHORA guys have going now).

I used to work at Tom Thumb's GP Raceway at Ala Moana and Airport locations (anyone remember those?) in 1984 - 1986. In an idle conversation with one of my guests, slot cars came up, and I found out that they're back at it again...but with all new stuff. Technology sure changes things.

And he gave me the "Hawaii Talks" web address. Here I am!

Anyway, I've been on the wonderful island of Moloka'i for four years, and hopefully many more. Good to be able to connect with my "townies" again on the 'net.

idiosyncratic
06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
yeehaw!... :cheer3: aloha & welcome to HT! yeehaw! :imu2: uh... i mean hee hah or whatever... ;) i was thinking the same thing about technology and how they've made old stuff (hobbies included) new again. There's also a price factor in there somewhere too... :grin: glad to have yet another added to the forums :campfire: ... check out the arcade too!... jump in and talk story anytime! :cheers:

ArchangelX
06-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Heeeey...that's great. Thanks for joining the forums! There's tons to do here, so please enjoy!

That's awesome that you're on Moloka'i...I'm trying to get the word about these forums spread out to the other islands...because it's not just about Oahu, it's supposed to be about the entire island chain. :)

Udrivecrap
06-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Molokai? :sailor: auuuurite.... we inter-island now :patriot:

welcome to HT :toofless:

lois
06-20-2007, 11:26 AM
HI AND AND HAVE FUN qwhoops, work computer

butnut
06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Howzit. Man, I was into slots in the 60s...the original Tom Thumb...Kapahulu ave...up the stairs from Walters market...the Hong family ran the place. The bruddahs wuz kool and Mr Hong was always a clown..."Batman decal? What u goin do...stick um on yo ass?" Slots came back small kine years ago and the Tamia minis went nuts...I got into that with my boys (anyone like buy one track? hehe)...still get some old stuff, homemade chassis...da good old days. Have fun hea.:burnoutgif:

hawaiianmusiclover06
06-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Aloha and welcome to Hawaii Talks! Hope that you will enjoy your time here. We are family. :banana:

Rosco.D.Hustla
06-21-2007, 03:34 PM
*gives the infamous wassup nod* Welcome and stay active!

looney bin resident
06-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Good to have you here at HT

enjoy your stay!

:Welcome:

Altivec
06-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Cool, Welcome aboard!