Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Drifting > Drift Session

Drift Session Hawaii's #1 Drifting Event
www.driftsession.com

Unread 06-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
c_troutt
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,470.75
c_troutt is on a distinguished road
Default Help a fellow drifter.

Hey everyone, I know Iím new to posting in the forums but I have been a fan of DS for a few years now. I have a problem, and was wondering if anyone could help me. The thing is I learned my drifting by running up and down a few not so local roads in the Ozarks, I know it's not safe and it hit me back when I almost went off a 40foot drop. I really want to get off the streets and onto a track but there isn't any around my area. well my question is how could I get a safe place to drift? also if I get enough people to start drifting and get the cars off the roads could I start a branch of Drift Session here in the mid U.S. for all us that live in crappy places?
Thanks for all the help it's greatly appreciated.
Charles
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 06-17-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 54,804.37
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road

Well, the Drift Session name is trademarked and licensed...you'd have to work something out with the owners, but as far as starting your own event, it's simply a matter of finding a place to race, and having the insurance to cover it.

Events cost money, time, volunteers, and you've gotta have your ducks in a row. If you can gather those, then you can have an event. If you're in the Ozarks, then there's gotta be someone that has an empty, paved section somewhere, a parking lot is the perfect place to start. Hell, you've got way more land than we've got, so you probably have a few more options than us.

Let me know how far you've gotten with that...and maybe I can help you out.
Unread 06-18-2006, 04:33 AM   #3
c_troutt
Sand Facial

Additional Info

I have about a grand saved up, I know it’s not much but if I can sale my dsm I’ll have more. As for a place, I’ve asked a few places and people, but I always get the same thing. “I don’t want you damn punks sliding your cars around on my parking lot.” as for getting the people together I’m sure I can do that. The major part I haven’t gotten into is the insurance. What type would I have to have? Like typical car insurance, I’m clueless on that part.
Unread 06-18-2006, 08:50 AM   #4
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 54,804.37
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road

Well...as far as getting a place to run at, you've got to go to them looking professional...you know, clean shaven, nice outfit (not t-shirt and jeans), etc. And not everyone will be receptive to allowing you to run. Maybe if you work something out to where the receive a percentage of the profits, they'll be more interested...but you gotta run the numbers.

As far as the insurance, that's actually out of my area...let me ask some of my partners and get back to you on it. It's basically event insurance not "drifting" insurance. It can be quite expensive...
Unread 06-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
c_troutt
Sand Facial

Additional Info

Okay, thanks alot man.
Unread 06-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #6
50-racer
Sand Facial

Additional Info
K-town
Send a message via AIM to 50-racer
Credits: 1,464.45
50-racer is on a distinguished road

the thing is that on the streets you really get better..... i hate to say it but it's so very true. other then that go in the valleys where no one goes and hit it up.....try asking the police, ask them where you can go and do this saftly.
Unread 06-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
c_troutt
Sand Facial

Additional Info

sounds good to me, but i would like to get more people into the sport.

Facebook Comments