Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Road Racing > Super Lap Series

Unread 03-27-2006, 07:30 PM   #26
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii
Credits: 2,496.61
REH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmini
Oh man, Andy's (Latka) photos are gonna be the bomb! He sent me some samples (he says he still needs to retouch) of me and I was so excited that I thought I'd post one of them :

[qimg]http://x11.putfile.com/3/8522170648.jpg[/qimg]
Holy crap. I want some of me too...not to take away from you Dk or anyone else. Andy, good work.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #27
dkmini
Bombarabara

Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 3,698.10
dkmini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH
Holy crap. I want some of me too...not to take away from you Dk or anyone else. Andy, good work.
Seriously though, makes a slow guy like me look like I am going MACH speed!

[Edit : Hmmmmm, I wonder if Andy is free on Friday?!]

[Edit2 : Another preview.]

Last edited by dkmini; 03-27-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #28
HMAJNG
Gremlin

Additional Info
In a house most of the time.
Credits: 1,819.10
HMAJNG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH
Yeah me too!
Oh, but my car is not photogenic, in fact it's not even pleasing to the naked eye, so I wouldn't be surprised if my car was passed....hmmm that would mean my car was passed in more ways than one!

I need to get one of those timers for Track Day this coming Saturday and see if I can improve my time.
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:17 PM   #29
dkmini
Bombarabara

Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMAJNG
Yeah me too!
Oh, but my car is not photogenic, in fact it's not even pleasing to the naked eye, so I wouldn't be surprised if my car was passed....hmmm that would mean my car was passed in more ways than one!

I need to get one of those timers for Track Day this coming Saturday and see if I can improve my time.
Woody,

I think Andy said he took like 1000+ pics so I think he has a few of you too. I'll ask him later.

No timer is allowed for the short course folks......this is why us SLS guys don't go anymore. Most of the upper SCCA folks were cool with the idea of leaving the timer on for the "track day" folks but just one person's stance ruined it for all. But when this person talked to Barry R. he acted like it was no big deal.....the guy's a p###y. This is why Barry R., Terry N. and myself have "boycotted" the SCCA Track Day.
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #30
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMAJNG
Yeah me too!

Hey, more than likely I'll be there. Timers are for rent, if you'd like.
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #31
quickbrick
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Honolulu
Credits: 1,520.00
quickbrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by royuno
Lap record!!! Yaaaaayy!! lol.

Well, I finally have a lap record at least.
Maybe I'll get some upgrades/ modify and see if i can improve my laptime.
Speaking of records, does anyone know all the track lap time records? (fastest overall lap, fastest fwd, fastest rwd, etc.) I'm curious...

I thought this car was gonna come out and set some reccords too... heh. http://speedhawaii.com/sp.cgi?t=main...vo_project.htm
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:51 PM   #32
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 90,023.56
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road

Yah...what the heck happened with that thing?
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #33
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickbrick
Speaking of records, does anyone know all the track lap time records? (fastest overall lap, fastest fwd, fastest rwd, etc.) I'm curious...

I thought this car was gonna come out and set some reccords too... heh. http://speedhawaii.com/sp.cgi?t=main...vo_project.htm
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Mike Ward just set the new record for Street cars (the non-unlimited class) at a 37.60. That's fast! "bring it on!"
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:36 PM   #34
Latka
Hatorade Dealer

Additional Info
Kaneohe
Credits: 3,443.30
Latka is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

Thanks for the compliments so far. The photos I sent Dirk were unedited. I think the edited ones look much nicer.

As for Friday, yes I'm off. What's goin on?

REH- you were driving the psycho RX-7 correct? I got some shots of you as well. I got one with a little poof of flame (inside the silencer) as you were downshifting for the off-camber.

HMAJNG - the Black 318 or 325, yes? Don't worry - I got you too. I *think* I got at least one photo of every car that ran.

After looking at the photos (over 1200!) I learned a bit. I need to change some settings here and there, but it was a good experience. I really need to remember to bring my monopod (exactly what it sounds like - a one-legged tripod) when I use the "big" lens like I did for SLS. Holy crap that thing weighs a ton after 20 minutes. I even grumbled a bit after lunch when it was time to pick up the camera and go back to work Heh...that'll teach me to leave gear at home!

-Andy
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #35
dkmini
Bombarabara

Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu

Andy,

Sent you an email about the Friday thing.

Yes, although the unedited were awesome, the edited were CLEAN!
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #36
Latka
Hatorade Dealer

Additional Info
Kaneohe
Red face

Thanks again, Dirk. That's the kinda feedback that makes me want to do this kinda stuff more often!

Here's a list of the cars I got photos of.
(Car # - Description)
  • 1F - Blue MINI
  • 2R - White 911
  • 2uF - Green Civic
  • 8F - Silver MINI
  • 9F - White Civic
  • 16F - Green MINI
  • 17A - Black WRX
  • 25R - Red MRS
  • 34A - Black STi
  • 34R - Silver S-10 (?) Pickup
  • 41 - Kermit the Rabbit
  • 45R - White BMW 3 series
  • 48F - Red Integra
  • 50F - Silver Rabbit
  • 51R - Black G35
  • 58R - Silver MR2
  • 70 - Orange Cobra
  • 72R - Silver S2000
  • 77 - Red Corvette
  • 79R - Green Elise
  • 82R - Grey Elise
  • 86R - Blue 240
  • 91R - Grey 912
  • 93R - Grey Mustang
  • 100A - Silver Audi Wagon
  • 101A - Blue STi
  • 103R - Red Miata
  • 105R - Blue / Green Impala
  • 113R - White M3
  • 152A - Red Audi Quattro
  • 197R - White BMW
  • 250R - Black BMW
  • 252R - Green BMW
  • 253F - Black MINI (NoooOOOOOB!)
  • 254R - Black M5
  • 255R - Red Mustang
  • 257R - White MR2
  • 258F - Red GTi
  • 633 - Silver Miata
(then a few I didn't get numbers on)
  • Blue CRX
  • Blue Elise
  • Blue G35 Coupe
  • Gold delSol (holy jeezus it was loud)
For the Formula guys I think I got 'em all. Where I saw a name on the side I tried to use it. Apologies if I misspell it or really butcher it!
  • 3 - Bryan Miller
  • 5 -Blue
  • 15 - Steve Timpoon
  • 27 - Red
  • 28 - Richie Miao
  • 42 - Yellow
  • 59 - Dan (z?)
  • 68 - Air Maui
  • White - Kailua Electric Service
Whew... there. I *think* that was everyone. Apologies if I didn't get your car photographed on the track. Most of the cars I had several photos of, so I picked what I thought were the best 2 and edited those.

-Andy

(edit) - well, tonight I got through car 58R. My eyeballs are falling out and I have to go to bed. Gotta get up in like 4 hours for work. doh!

...by the way, I got a cool picture of the MR2 with all 4 wheels locked up going into turn one.

Enough of this rain, eh? Today I was kinda shocked to see the sun come out!

Last edited by Latka; 03-27-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #37
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii

Quote:
Woody,

I think Andy said he took like 1000+ pics so I think he has a few of you too. I'll ask him later.

No timer is allowed for the short course folks......this is why us SLS guys don't go anymore. Most of the upper SCCA folks were cool with the idea of leaving the timer on for the "track day" folks but just one person's stance ruined it for all. But when this person talked to Barry R. he acted like it was no big deal.....the guy's a p###y. This is why Barry R., Terry N. and myself have "boycotted" the SCCA Track Day.
I understand what you're saying. Recognition by association is nice and all, (we live in little ole Hawaii, after all), but if you really look at the SLS, this is a new idea ALL on it's own. Tell you the beginnings over beer.
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #38
dkmini
Bombarabara

Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH
I understand what you're saying. Recognition by association is nice and all, (we live in little ole Hawaii, after all), but if you really look at the SLS, this is a new idea ALL on it's own. Tell you the beginnings over beer.
I will be "tanoshimini ni matte iru" about this "hanashi" for sure.

I tell you, I am thankful for SLS and am sad about the break we will have. "Shouganai" I'll have to start golfing more I guess.

"Tokorode" did you see my post about the meeting at Kapolei HS tonight? Saw it on the news.
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #39
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii

Quote:
I will be "tanoshimini ni matte iru" about this "hanashi" for sure.

I tell you, I am thankful for SLS and am sad about the break we will have. "Shouganai" I'll have to start golfing more I guess.

"Tokorode" did you see my post about the meeting at Kapolei HS tonight? Saw it on the news.
Shikataganai about the Reesujo, but didn't catch the news. Instead of golf, how'z about some RC racing instead? I have a couple of F1 cars itching to go 50mph. Ya know you get the same feeling (as a driver). Don't need the amount of space either.
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #40
shimos
Gremlin

Additional Info
Hawaii Motorsports Center
Send a message via AIM to shimos
Credits: 1,380.06
shimos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH
Shikataganai about the Reesujo, but didn't catch the news. Instead of golf, how'z about some RC racing instead? I have a couple of F1 cars itching to go 50mph. Ya know you get the same feeling (as a driver). Don't need the amount of space either.
You should put together some R/C drift cars and come out to that instead. About 20+ drivers every Tuesday night (that's not raining) at Iwilei Costco.
Unread 03-27-2006, 10:45 PM   #41
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimos
You should put together some R/C drift cars and come out to that instead. About 20+ drivers every Tuesday night (that's not raining) at Iwilei Costco.
Hey, if I can get the same amount of satisfaction...I'm in! I've driven your car...how do you guys compete?
Unread 03-28-2006, 08:58 AM   #42
Latka
Hatorade Dealer

Additional Info
Kaneohe

I've got a 1/10th electric Mini on the way (should get here today). I will check out the drifting... it sounds fun. The outside location is kinda junk considering our current weather. Hopefully things clear up soon!
Unread 03-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #43
jetjammer
Sand Facial

Additional Info
jetjammer is on a distinguished road

My first post and I'm already asking for something....

Latka, if its not too much trouble, will you please email me some pics of the Audi (#100A)? TIA.

I had a great time and met alot of great people. I especially liked how everyone is so positive and willing to help. I wish I discovered this sooner and really hope I didn't discover too late...

Mahalos to everyone for supporting a noob!

Where can I sign up for meetings, info, classes, etc?
Unread 03-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #44
MR-Turbo-2
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,320.00
MR-Turbo-2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka
...by the way, I got a cool picture of the MR2 with all 4 wheels locked up going into turn one.
Which MR2? There were three of us racing. Then again, I've that lousy ABS, so I'm guessing it's the Silver MKI.

I'm 257R - White MR2

Thanks for taking the time doing this for everyone. Much appreciated!
Unread 03-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #45
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

First off, I'm glad all of you enjoyed your time out on the track, and I'm glad everyone came out to experience what we have to offer! As far as classes and meetings, we really don't have meetings, but Tom Bryant does offer a performance driving clinic along with Formula Mirage training...trust me...you'll take at the very least a second off your lap time as he teaches you the in's and out's of the track. It's a good deal...

We're still looking to the future...we'll hopefully only have a momentary break in the series as things settle down and we see what happens with the track. We'll do it in a huge parking lot if need be...heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjammer
Where can I sign up for meetings, info, classes, etc?
I'm finishing up the results as I type this...so it'll be up before the end of the day, so keep your eyes on the www.superlapseries.com website.
Unread 03-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #46
jetjammer
Sand Facial

Additional Info
jetjammer is on a distinguished road

Thanks ArchangelX.

By the way, can anyone tell me what the length of the short course is?
Unread 03-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #47
Latka
Hatorade Dealer

Additional Info
Kaneohe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-Turbo-2
Which MR2? There were three of us racing. Then again, I've that lousy ABS, so I'm guessing it's the Silver MKI.

I'm 257R - White MR2

Thanks for taking the time doing this for everyone. Much appreciated!
Sorry- I forgot there were a couple out there. The silver one - 85R I believe it was.

3 MR2s? I only remember 2 of 'em. There was an MRS... and your white car, and the silver car. Are you counting the red 'un?
Unread 03-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #48
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

The Results have been posted for Round 3. I'm missing data for several of the new folks' cars...such as car make/model and color. If you're one of these people, please email me your info @ michaeljkitchens@users.easynews.com

http://www.superlapseries.com/Result...rresults06.htm

Also, as most of ya'll have seen, I'm horrible with numbers, so if I screwed up something, please let me know! Thanks!
Unread 03-28-2006, 09:58 PM   #49
HMAJNG
Gremlin

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelX
The Results have been posted for Round 3. I'm missing data for several of the new folks' cars...such as car make/model and color. If you're one of these people, please email me your info @ michaeljkitchens@users.easynews.com

http://www.superlapseries.com/Result...rresults06.htm

Also, as most of ya'll have seen, I'm horrible with numbers, so if I screwed up something, please let me know! Thanks!
Mike, I sent you an email, but I'm not sure if you got it or not.
My car is a 318is (4 banger) not an M3...I wish!
It's also black in color.

Mahalo for putting on a great event!
Woody
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #50
HMAJNG
Gremlin

Additional Info

Quote:
Woody,

Hmmm...I didn't know that!
The last time I was out there with Terry and Barry, Troy loan be his timer, so I thought it was cool.
I don't understand what's the big deal, it's not like we're racing!
Well, this will be the last one for awhile, and I like to help out Gerald with flagging the corners. However, I may need to join in the boycott as well.
Once when it was raining, they had the Track Day drivers go out early to dry the track...I was rather upset for being used in that way. Then at the last race they were going to do that again, so I got on the radio and said no, no we have track (slick) tires too. Hence the workers were credited for this Track Day....okay, time to cool off now.
Dirk, why did you have to get me started!

Facebook Comments