Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii Talks Forums > Entertainment

HT Hosting

Unread 03-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #51
radopps
FAT GUY WITH GLASSES

Additional Info
Ewa
Send a message via AIM to radopps
Credits: 2,094.35
radopps is on a distinguished road

Eagles winning now will result if the defense can defend the pass!!! they can't!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #52
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi
Credits: 2,849.15
KenTwo is on a distinguished road

That's not the problem. It used to be defending the run. But they improved in that area with the development of their LB corp. They have hard time with consistent pressure off the ends. That makes it hard for any corner to cover. So I'm hoping that either a. Chris Clemons is the real thing or b. They get a stud DE in the draft...

Their secondary is above average, but plagued with injuries. Lito and Sheldon have both been injured at one time or another, although Lito seems to be hurt every year. But when healthy both are pro-bowl caliber players. Add Asante Samuels and they are stacked with probably the best three deep CBs in the league. Dawkins is getting old, so that could be another area in the draft.

Their defense was pretty good last year (9th in points/game, 10th in yards/game) but their turn-over ratio killed them. Without any consistent pass rush, besides Trent Cole, the DBs struggled to create turn overs.

I think their offense is key this year. McNabb is two years out of major surgery, he improved slowly as the year went on, and he will need to stay healthy for the team to have any kind of success. A big play WR would be great, but after Fitz went back to ARZ and Roy staying in DET there aren't any good ones worth getting. The draft this year is filled with average looking guys some who have potential to turn out great. But no Calvin Johnson type of impact players. Oline is an issue, we saw what Osi did to the back up tackle Winston Justice in the game with the Giants (7 sacks if I recall correctly). Their two tackles, Runyan and Thomas are both old and the Eagles really need to develop some players there. I was hoping Justice would be the guy, but it doesn't look that way. Guards and center are fine and have a little depth. But tackles are key for this team.

So my keys to success:

1. Improve pass rush off the edges
2. McNabb stay healthy
3. Westbrook stay healthy
4. Tackles hold up
5. WRs step up
6. LBs and DTs continue growth from last season
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #53
radopps
FAT GUY WITH GLASSES

Additional Info
Ewa

funny thing is that your six keys are exactly what i'm thinking for the 49ers!!!

if Smith stays healthy he showed he can play pretty good...Bryant Young and Marques Douglas are gone...maybe Sopoaga can move outside...he is strong and quick!!! Gore needs to be healthy all season for the offense to function...the WR corp...they sucked last year...and the defense showed some great signs...hopefully they can continue to progress!
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #54
rlranger
the pron guy

Additional Info
under your bed
Credits: 1,831.18
rlranger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by radopps
funny thing is that your six keys are exactly what i'm thinking for the 49ers!!!

if Smith stays healthy he showed he can play pretty good...Bryant Young and Marques Douglas are gone...maybe Sopoaga can move outside...he is strong and quick!!! Gore needs to be healthy all season for the offense to function...the WR corp...they sucked last year...and the defense showed some great signs...hopefully they can continue to progress!
with mike martz their passing offense will significantly improve over previous seasons im just hoping seattle can put together one more solid season (hopefully a SB) before holmgren leaves

Unread 03-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #55
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

Quote:

I'm not as up to speed with the 49ers so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think they need to continue their oline improvement. Staley helped last year, but over all they need to keep getting better. Gore was having a hard time with the injuries and running holes. I think Sopoaga is perfect for the middle (I guess that's why they resigned him) big, strong, quick. Not too sure if he's quick or tall enough to play end. But as a gap filler he's good. Their LBs got a big boost from Willis. I was worried about that area when they let go a couple of their solid LBs a couple of years ago. I think Alex Smith is decent. Not a game changer, but a game manager. As long as he doesn't try to do too much he'll be okay. The team might have expected more out of a number one pick, but some had doubts about him coming out of college. I think his great workouts made the difference for him. Their WRs have been struggling for years. They keep getting the same type of guys, too small, or too straight lined and weak. They could use a physical WR with decent speed (well who couldn't) to compliment their quick fast guys. I was really high on Davis last year, but am starting to have doubts about how great he'll be. They had a lot of pieces in place at the ending of the 2006 season, which led to high expectations in 2007. Injuries were a major issue.
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #56
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlranger
with mike martz their passing offense will significantly improve over previous seasons im just hoping seattle can put together one more solid season (hopefully a SB) before holmgren leaves
Boy did Seattle miss Hutchinson... They really need to put things together and win now. Their QB is getting older, as well as key players on their Oline. WRs and RBs are question marks right now.
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #57
rlranger
the pron guy

Additional Info
under your bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTwo
Boy did Seattle miss Hutchinson... They really need to put things together and win now. Their QB is getting older, as well as key players on their Oline. WRs and RBs are question marks right now.
i miss him *no homo*

Unread 03-25-2008, 04:40 PM   #58
radopps
FAT GUY WITH GLASSES

Additional Info
Ewa

injuries sure were big for the 49ers last season...they lost starting LB Manny Lawson before the season started and as usual had problems with Davis being injured. that guy is a real talent but never stays healthy!!! OL looked a whole lot better towards the end of the season, Jonas Jennings is a huge bust. all that money and all those missed games!!! Martz and Bruce should help the offense a whole lot. Maybe Martz will be able to open up the down field passing!!! besides that i see a lot of good things happening next season for this team!!!
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #59
rlranger
the pron guy

Additional Info
under your bed

Quote:
injuries sure were big for the 49ers last season...they lost starting LB Manny Lawson before the season started and as usual had problems with Davis being injured. that guy is a real talent but never stays healthy!!! OL looked a whole lot better towards the end of the season, Jonas Jennings is a huge bust. all that money and all those missed games!!! Martz and Bruce should help the offense a whole lot. Maybe Martz will be able to open up the down field passing!!! besides that i see a lot of good things happening next season for this team!!!
with seahawks decline i see the 49ers return to their glory days if not this season most likely the next

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #60
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

^ Watch the Cards!
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #61
rlranger
the pron guy

Additional Info
under your bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTwo
^ Watch the Cards!
lol its hard to consider the cardinals as contenders since they've been bottom feeders for soo long

Unread 03-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #62
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

Yea,
But they have potential. Their offense has a lot of weapons, they need a QB to step up, Warner is old and Leinart hasn't shown much. Defense could use some help, so we'll see how the draft goes.
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #63
radopps
FAT GUY WITH GLASSES

Additional Info
Ewa

the Cardinals have been poised to make a run for the last four years now...they are the Cardinals and they won't be any good!!! they are truly cursed!!!
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:34 AM   #64
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

That is true... But that could be said for many of the NFC West teams.
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #65
radopps
FAT GUY WITH GLASSES

Additional Info
Ewa

no...i mean they are cursed...look it up...they last won a title while they were the St. Louis Cardinals...they won that title due to a forfeiture...the team that lost the title did so because they played a game that was not sanctioned by the League...ever since then they have never came close to winning a title!!!
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #66
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

Draft coming up.

Anyone see good mocks or player scouting reports?
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #67
radopps
FAT GUY WITH GLASSES

Additional Info
Ewa

go to nfldraftcountdown.com!!! that guy is pretty good!!!
Unread 04-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #68
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

^ If the Eagles do draft according to that I'd be happy.

Cromartie and Malcolm Kelly would be nice. I'd really rather then pick up a OT or DE, but all the good ones will be gone by the 19th pick.
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #69
rlranger
the pron guy

Additional Info
under your bed

i know its really early but with the draft being over who do you guys like for the superbowl i like

green bay packers vs. san diego chargers

Unread 05-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #70
radopps
FAT GUY WITH GLASSES

Additional Info
Ewa

i won't put up and NFC team because i hate Dallas. in the AFC i'll go with Indy!!!
Unread 05-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #71
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

Radopps - any word on Rivers or CJ? I think RGM didn't start camp yet, and I heard good things about Bess from the Fin's site. But how about the other players?

Dr. Horrible - "The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it"
Unread 05-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #72
radopps
FAT GUY WITH GLASSES

Additional Info
Ewa

no clue about any of the players...i was talking to my instructor today, Stephen Tsai, but he didn't have anything new!!!
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #73
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

My friend was writing for the Advertiser. I think he was doing the high school sports.

Texans camp starts tomorrow so I guess then we'll get to hear how RGM looks. Titans camp is over, but didn't hear any word about Rivers.

Unread 05-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #74
radopps
FAT GUY WITH GLASSES

Additional Info
Ewa

the best way is to watch the waiver wires...if they aren't released then they did fine!!! if they did great then just look for Advertiser or Bulletin to write!!!
Unread 05-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #75
KenTwo
Chaotic Neutral

Additional Info
Kalihi

Yea, but I'd like to hear what they are doing and how good they looked. This weekend, I'll check the Texan's forums for info.

Facebook Comments