Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Road Racing > Super Lap Series

Unread 03-24-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
Chris Messer
Breaker

Additional Info
Makiki, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Messer
Credits: 2,685.31
Chris Messer is on a distinguished road
Default SLS Round 3 2006

So, I'm hoping for a good turnout for this final scheduled event and.... will there be rain?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-24-2006, 11:09 PM   #2
dkmini
Bombarabara

Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,891.45
dkmini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Messer
So, I'm hoping for a good turnout for this final scheduled event and.... will there be rain?
Looks like a lot of BMWs will be there from bf.c! I gave them a warning about the mosquitos that Tom said are in force. See you folks tomorrow!
Unread 03-25-2006, 06:00 AM   #3
corytomo
Big Kahuna

Additional Info

Weather looks perfect on my end, time to bring out Kermit the Rabbit!
Unread 03-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Latka
Hatorade Dealer

Additional Info
Kaneohe
Credits: 2,870.35
Latka is on a distinguished road

Kermit was sweet! ...cept for the little unsceduled break he took at the end of turn 1 for a while.

I am transferring my pictures now. I *think* I got some good ones today. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to check all of 'em out. It was a blast though - got to meet more folks from the board here and see some awesome cars. The G35s sounded sweet... the 911 was crazy. The DelSol - holy lack of muffler, batman.

-Andy

(edit) stupid forum auto-censor is set to Disneyland setting.
Unread 03-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
royuno
Breaker

Additional Info

I have a lap time!!!! 5 minutes FLAT! All stock JDM 1mp (manpower) baby, oh yeaaahhhh.
Unread 03-25-2006, 10:52 PM   #6
corytomo
Big Kahuna

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka
Kermit was sweet! ...cept for the little unsceduled break he took at the end of turn 1 for a while.

I am transferring my pictures now. I *think* I got some good ones today. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to check all of 'em out. It was a blast though - got to meet more folks from the board here and see some awesome cars. The G35s sounded sweet... the 911 was crazy. The DelSol - holy lack of muffler, batman.

-Andy

(edit) stupid forum auto-censor is set to Disneyland setting.
Yeh, I had a short somewhere, and couldn't figure it out. Found out that it was from a SS fuel line touching the positive terminal of the coil. EEK. Fuel leak!
Then found that I had a massive vacuum leak.
Then found that I was out of gas.
Then found that the coil was pulling another wire out.

All in the same break period. Sweet.

Come to think of it, I think it originally died because I ran out of gas... guess it only does 10 minutes of racing before it sucks the fuel cell dry!

I hope you got pics of Kermit! Especially the three wheel action on turn 1 and the offcamber.
Unread 03-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #7
tazer
Sand Facial

Additional Info
EWA
Credits: 1,520.00
tazer is on a distinguished road

congratulations to all of todays winners! It was a HUGE turn out and even though it was kinda crowded, it was a DAMN FUN Day!!!! THANK YOU DriftSession Staff for continuing to do all you can to provide this venue to us the racing enthusiast populous!

-tazer
Unread 03-26-2006, 03:03 AM   #8
MR-Turbo-2
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,320.00
MR-Turbo-2 is on a distinguished road

It was my first time doing SL today. I had a great time and met some cool people. Thanks for the help and hospitality, Burt and Cory!

Anyone got pics/videos of the white MR2 Turbo??

Learned a lot today. I'm pretty sure I could beat 43 sec with a few more runs. Only used the timer for the time attack. Once I got my braking down, I felt more confident with every run. I've never abused/worked my brakes that hard before.

Dennis

Last edited by MR-Turbo-2; 03-26-2006 at 03:12 AM.
Unread 03-26-2006, 03:40 AM   #9
Latka
Hatorade Dealer

Additional Info
Kaneohe

Quote:
I hope you got pics of Kermit! Especially the three wheel action on turn 1 and the offcamber.
I think I got pictures of pretty much everybody at various points in the track. I did get both (err all 3) GTis lifting the rear leg. You guys weren't gettin' it up as high as I thought you would.

I did get shots of the white MR2 (turbo?) also. Hopefully this afternoon when I get home I can start editing the photos so I can post 'em up here and give 'em to Archangel for the SLS article.

Cool event. I really hope they can get this track stuff sorted out 'cause it looks like a LOT of fun.
Unread 03-26-2006, 08:01 AM   #10
HMAJNG
Gremlin

Additional Info
In a house most of the time.
Credits: 1,639.90
HMAJNG is on a distinguished road

A big MAHALO to the Drift Session Crew for putting this on!
It was my first SLap session, and I loved every bit of it. I now have a face with the forum names and was able to meet others as well. I also see what I have been missing while I was at work all this time!

I was hoping for a better time, but now I have a goal....but no place to work on it!

Now I just need a SLap sticker and a T-shirt!
Unread 03-26-2006, 09:20 AM   #11
corytomo
Big Kahuna

Additional Info

Dennis, too bad this is your first and last one, that car has some potential! It was fun tho!

I liked your austin mini, latka, and you look so big in that tiny car.. haha. yay pictures! can you send the rabbit ones to me? thanks!
Unread 03-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #12
Latka
Hatorade Dealer

Additional Info
Kaneohe

Yeah, I'm kinda a grape ape. I used to have a CRX, but I guess it was too big.

If any of you want pictures, please e-mail me or PM me here on HT with your name, e-mail address, and car # if you remember it. Thankfully the cars were different enough that I should be able to pick 'ya out - unless you were one of the 400 white M3s out there.

I *think* I got at least one or two shots of everyone out there. Im hoping by the end of today I can post a list of the car numbers (or at least descriptions) of the photos that are "keepers".

Taking pictures of cars has always been a hobby of mine. Err, well at least since I got into photography - these last two weeks were my first attempts at motorsports photography. It's a lot of fun, but a fair amount of work. Hopefully they can settle the track issue so I can keep takin' shots.

I'm hoping to buy some studio lights this year as well so that I can do the more "magazine" type shots of cars, models, and other stuff. Photography is fun, it's just that it's crazy expensive - just like cars!

Last edited by Latka; 03-26-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Unread 03-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #13
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 70,160.81
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road

Welps, once Latka gets the final photos finished, we'll be using them in the article, and posting it to the SLS website. Kudos to Andy for taking the time outta his day to come out and shoot for us. His equipment is top rate, and I'm sure his photos will equal that!

Be on the look out for the upcoming article!
Unread 03-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #14
ktwenny4
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,527.55
ktwenny4 is on a distinguished road

such a shame that it was the last one.. and i had to meet the guard rail after all this time! haha ..it was a blast as always.. and the delsol exists no more.. ill transfer everything over to another car..so ill be looking for any last shots and pictures anyone has of the car.. thanks all!
Unread 03-26-2006, 01:38 PM   #15
Chris Messer
Breaker

Additional Info
Makiki, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Messer
Credits: 2,685.31
Chris Messer is on a distinguished road

I got a lot of photos too and will forward them along.... this latest event really had the look of what we've been working towards for the past two and a half years and I'd sure like to continue the frienships and SuperLap culture that we've developed, so we must keep in touch and do some fun things occasionally.... keep an eye open for something positive to develop out of the current demise as I simply cannot imagine this all ending now.

I'll get the article written up as soon as Mike sends me or posts up the scores

Aloha!
Unread 03-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #16
quickbrick
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Honolulu
quickbrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka
I think I got pictures of pretty much everybody at various points in the track. I did get both (err all 3) GTis lifting the rear leg. You guys weren't gettin' it up as high as I thought you would.
The three wheel motion usually gets lower and lower the better suspension you get. Gary's Rabbit (the silver one) probably has the worst suspension for road racing use, since it is still set up for drag racing (80 lb./in. springs in front!!). Good thing that car makes more power then both the other gtis combined...
Unread 03-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #17
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

Heya Elliot! Welcome to HT! And we were discussing whether the silver GTI was a former drag racer...that's insane! How fast did it go down the 1/4 mile?
Unread 03-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #18
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

Courtesy of Chris Messer:

Quote:
Roy Uno took a fast lap around HRP, using an SLS timer, and set the footrace record! Hilarious to watch! And pretty incredible to do it in 5 minutes flat! Not too shabby when you take into account that the cars are doing it in just under a minute.
Unread 03-26-2006, 08:15 PM   #19
quickbrick
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Honolulu
quickbrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelX
Heya Elliot! Welcome to HT! And we were discussing whether the silver GTI was a former drag racer...that's insane! How fast did it go down the 1/4 mile?
I think its record is an 11.4, that with a 8 valve 1.7 stock bottom end motor.
The car ran a 11.9@117 with current engine and Robert driving, but that run also includes a mis-shift. Gary and Robert also helped build the old speedtek rabbit, that rabbit was the fastest front wheel drive import in the world in the early '90s...
Unread 03-26-2006, 08:18 PM   #20
dkmini
Bombarabara

Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu

Quote:
Courtesy of Chris Messer:

[qimg]http://www.hawaiitalks.net/photopost/data/504/royuno1mhptime.jpg[/qimg]
How the heck did he do 5 flat to the second?! Now would that be in the slow group (Group D) or would two feet make it Unlimited?
Unread 03-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #21
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii
Credits: 2,195.54
REH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmini
How the heck did he do 5 flat to the second?! Now would that be in the slow group (Group D) or would two feet make it Unlimited?
I think we should put Roy in the J category for Jogger. Wouldn't that be funny if people tried to beat his lap time? Next thing you know we'll have joggers there as fill ins when the track is not in use. I could rent out my timers for the more serious ones. Maybe we'll have elbow2elbow racing after that. "No cheating with those "S" compound shoes!"
Unread 03-26-2006, 08:56 PM   #22
dkmini
Bombarabara

Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH
I think we should put Roy in the J category for Jogger. Wouldn't that be funny if people tried to beat his lap time? Next thing you know we'll have joggers there as fill ins when the track is not in use. I could rent out my timers for the more serious ones. Maybe we'll have elbow2elbow racing after that. "No cheating with those "S" compound shoes!"
Is the J group going to be split into subgroups? J1 = ages in the tens, J2 = ages in the twenties, J3 = ages in the thirties, J4 = ages in the forties, and J5 = ages in the fifties. Hey, I think I can finally take on Barry Raff with this J category.
Unread 03-26-2006, 09:12 PM   #23
REH
Big Surf

Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii
Credits: 2,195.54
REH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmini
Is the J group going to be split into subgroups? J1 = ages in the tens, J2 = ages in the twenties, J3 = ages in the thirties, J4 = ages in the forties, and J5 = ages in the fifties. Hey, I think I can finally take on Barry Raff with this J category.
Ha Ha. I got to hand it to Roy though. I couldn't even make it one lap when I started to jog in the morning before work.
Unread 03-27-2006, 03:24 PM   #24
royuno
Breaker

Additional Info

Lap record!!! Yaaaaayy!! lol.

Well, I finally have a lap record at least.
Maybe I'll get some upgrades/ modify and see if i can improve my laptime.
1mp (manpower)
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #25
dkmini
Bombarabara

Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu

Quote:
Welps, once Latka gets the final photos finished, we'll be using them in the article, and posting it to the SLS website. Kudos to Andy for taking the time outta his day to come out and shoot for us. His equipment is top rate, and I'm sure his photos will equal that!

Be on the look out for the upcoming article!
Oh man, Andy's (Latka) photos are gonna be the bomb! He sent me some samples (he says he still needs to retouch) of me and I was so excited that I thought I'd post one of them :

Facebook Comments