Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii's Racing Community > Formula Racing > Formula Hawaii

Formula Hawaii Hawaii's only Formula Racing school! Go here for questions regarding Formula Hawaii!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
dkmini
Bombarabara
 
dkmini's Avatar
Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,089.85
dkmini is on a distinguished road
Default Gotta hurry, time is running out.....

So what kind of experiences/lessons are available?
dkmini is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #2
REH
Big Surf
 
REH's Avatar
Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii
Credits: 1,892.55
REH is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmini
So what kind of experiences/lessons are available?
There is a mandatory course we offer (Introduction to Formula Hawaii) for $250. Basically we start you out in the classroom and then move on to a track orientation and car orientation. Then you drive for (2) 15 minute sessions.

Because the cars have a Hewland (dogring) type gear boxes, it takes some practice to be able to shift proficiently. So the "Intro" course is about clutch meet and running up and down through the gears. Since we run on the short course, you get experience in cornering and braking as well.

Classes offered Monday~Friday, but looking at the calendar the current available days are: Wow, only the 31st of this month is available.
REH is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
dkmini
Bombarabara
 
dkmini's Avatar
Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,089.85
dkmini is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH
There is a mandatory course we offer (Introduction to Formula Hawaii) for $250. Basically we start you out in the classroom and then move on to a track orientation and car orientation. Then you drive for (2) 15 minute sessions.

Because the cars have a Hewland (dogring) type gear boxes, it takes some practice to be able to shift proficiently. So the "Intro" course is about clutch meet and running up and down through the gears. Since we run on the short course, you get experience in cornering and braking as well.

Classes offered Monday~Friday, but looking at the calendar the current available days are: Wow, only the 31st of this month is available.
On the 31st - from what time to what time?
dkmini is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-17-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
REH
Big Surf
 
REH's Avatar
Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii
Credits: 1,892.55
REH is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmini
On the 31st - from what time to what time?
From 10am~1pm.
REH is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
dkmini
Bombarabara
 
dkmini's Avatar
Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,089.85
dkmini is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH
From 10am~1pm.
So how do I sign-up? I'm IN. Hope you can teach an old dog new tricks.
dkmini is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #6
Chris Messer
Breaker
 
Chris Messer's Avatar
Additional Info
Makiki, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Messer
Credits: 1,572.42
Chris Messer is on a distinguished road
Default

So... tomorrow is the big day.....just build up your speed steadily and remember to think ahead of the car... you're gonna love this
Chris Messer is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #7
dkmini
Bombarabara
 
dkmini's Avatar
Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,089.85
dkmini is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Messer
So... tomorrow is the big day.....just build up your speed steadily and remember to think ahead of the car... you're gonna love this
IF it doesn't . I'm praying for .
dkmini is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-31-2006, 08:17 AM   #8
dkmini
Bombarabara
 
dkmini's Avatar
Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,089.85
dkmini is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmini
IF it doesn't . I'm praying for .
8:00am Friday, March 31st


dkmini is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-31-2006, 12:44 PM   #9
dkmini
Bombarabara
 
dkmini's Avatar
Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,089.85
dkmini is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmini
8:00am Friday, March 31st


Just got back from the track. My virgin stint at the Formula Hawaii class, of course, got canceled but I went to hang out with Tom and Matt. While I was there Ed H. came by to drive-the-track to see how things were - damn! I can't believe how deep things are in certain areas! I'm sure tomorrow's SCCA track day will be canceled as there is no sign that the rain will stop. When Ed rolled into the driveway behind the school, I thought he was gonna die out as water was wooshing way over his hood!
dkmini is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-31-2006, 04:09 PM   #10
REH
Big Surf
 
REH's Avatar
Additional Info
Kapolei, Hawaii
Credits: 1,892.55
REH is on a distinguished road
Default

Sorry about that DK...can't help what mother nature has created.

Yeah Ed H. never even slowed down when he went through those lakes. I swear I saw water coming out from under his hood, which means the water level in his engine bay was that high! Bobby told me when he got to the deepest part (about mid door high) he stops and opens the door to see (I guess). Well, you know what happened next. Lucky he made it out of there! His Okole must've been drenched. I wish the ducks where there to see that! Maybe they would have floated in his car to join him? Quack, Quack.
REH is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
dkmini
Bombarabara
 
dkmini's Avatar
Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,089.85
dkmini is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH
Sorry about that DK...can't help what mother nature has created.

Yeah Ed H. never even slowed down when he went through those lakes. I swear I saw water coming out from under his hood, which means the water level in his engine bay was that high! Bobby told me when he got to the deepest part (about mid door high) he stops and opens the door to see (I guess). Well, you know what happened next. Lucky he made it out of there! His Okole must've been drenched. I wish the ducks where there to see that! Maybe they would have floated in his car to join him? Quack, Quack.
Oh man, Kapolei is now

Too funny about Ed H. He might as well have driven home with his window open after that!
dkmini is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-31-2006, 04:19 PM   #12
Latka
Hatorade Dealer
 
Latka's Avatar
Additional Info
Kaneohe
Credits: 2,240.95
Latka is on a distinguished road
Default

Very strange break in the weather. No wind over here in Kaneohe. Radar shows we're going to get a little break from things. ...it's not going to last though. Here's a snippet from the 4pm Hawaii Area Forecast Discussion:

Code:
THE POTENTIAL FOR ADDITIONAL HEAVY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL 
CONTINUE TONIGHT...PARTICULARLY OVER THE WESTERN AND CENTRAL 
PORTIONS OF THE STATE...AND WILL PERSIST THROUGH SATURDAY FOR THE 
ENTIRE ISLAND CHAIN. AN UPPER LEVEL LOW PARKED ABOUT 275 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WET AND UNSTABLE 
CONDITIONS. IT WILL REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY WEST OF KAUAI THROUGH 
SATURDAY AS IT SLOWLY WEAKENS. DURING THIS TIME DISTURBANCES ALOFT 
WILL CONTINUE TO ROTATE AROUND THE UPPER LOW...TRIGGERING BOUTS OF 
HEAVY RAINFALL AND THUNDERSTORMS. FOR TONIGHT AND SATURDAY...THESE 
DISTURBANCES WILL LIKELY AFFECT THE WESTERN AND CENTRAL PORTIONS OF 
THE STATE...GIVING KAUAI...OAHU...AND MAUI COUNTY THE GREATEST 
THREAT FOR HEAVY RAINFALL. AS A RESULT THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH HAS 
BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
-Andy.
It's not just for breakfast anymore.
Latka is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-31-2006, 04:38 PM   #13
Latka
Hatorade Dealer
 
Latka's Avatar
Additional Info
Kaneohe
Credits: 2,240.95
Latka is on a distinguished road
Default

... "Here comes the rain again... fallin down like a memory... "

Sing it, sisters.
Latka is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-31-2006, 04:42 PM   #14
dkmini
Bombarabara
 
dkmini's Avatar
Additional Info
Makakilo, Oahu
Send a message via Yahoo to dkmini
Credits: 2,089.85
dkmini is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka
... "Here comes the rain again... fallin down like a memory... "

Sing it, sisters.
Oh man, at least you start singing "It's raining men!"
dkmini is offline  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Facebook Comments



Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -10. The time now is 08:37 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits I v2.0.0 Gold ©2010, PixelFX Studios