Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii Talks Forums > Island Life > Fitness, MMA, & Health

Fitness, MMA, & Health Help motivate yourself, as well as others, to stay fit and healthy!

Unread 03-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 87,240.43
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road
Default Atkins Peanut Butter Cups (new formula) = Awesome!

I used to get the old versions of these, and they used to be pretty gross...better than Reese's low carb ones, but still pretty nasty. It didn't even come close to tasting like real peanut butter.

Today, I got to try what I guess is a new version of the Peanut Butter Cups and MAN...they have really improved the taste. It's been since the 22nd that I haven't had anything even close to being sweet besides water (hah!) and this really, really hit the spot! The old versions came in a set of three cups, but the new ones only come in two.

If you're doing the low carb thing, or watching your diet and sugar levels, these things are SOOOOOOO good. Much, much better than the first generation of crap that used to be out. I picked them up at GNC...not really too expensive, you can get a box of 12 for about 17 buckaroos. What's more, they're only 2 carbs and 160 calories!

Good stuff!
Unread 03-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
NasTee
Real Looney Bin Escapee

Additional Info
Credits: 3,578.72
NasTee is on a distinguished road

the guy who invented the "atkins diet" Dr. Atkins, died from a heart attack.

just thought you should know..lol
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 03-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #3
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

He died from slipping and cracking his head wide open on the pavement which caused a heart attack. Plus, he was fat and outta shape, and didn't really follow the diet he preached.

I've already had my last checkup with my doctor, and my cholesterol, blood sugar, triglicyerides, and blood pressure are actually down more since I started the diet.
Unread 03-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #4
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

At best...his death is "undetermined" if you go and check it up. Plus, there's so many people that have had their health improved by it, plus the last independent study done (along with South Beach and your average food pyramid eat less food diet) recognized it as having substantial benefits but being simply difficult to stay on.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/doctor/atkins.asp

It works for me when I do it, and I feel better...it's just tough to make such a change in diet, that's all. All diets are like that...you fall off the wagon and then you gain the weight back. But it's important for me to lose weight as quickly as possible as my blood sugar is simply outta control (or was). Once I'm down to an appropriate weight, I'm going to simply switch over to a normal, healthy diet...if I gain a bit back, that's fine, but I know now that I simply can't just pig out like I used to. That's why I got so fat in the first place!
Unread 03-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
Ronin

I think it's more of a mental thing if you ask me. Most of the time, the results attained trying to loose weight or accomplish anything has more to do with will power and the motivation to get it done.

The Atkins diet was probably a trigger to mental motivation which caused people to believe that with the help of a diet like atkins they could loose weight. Others could argue that they've had more success with other diets, yet who'd be right in the argument of which diet is better? The end result equates to success and the accomplishment of a goal.

The common ground shared by all is the mental motivation to loose that weight and get "healthier"...

Thats how I see it.

Last edited by Ronin; 03-08-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Unread 03-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. Losing weight works no matter what you do, as long as you do it with motivation and true intent behind it. Still, there's no doubt that you really do knock of the pounds quickly once your body kicks into ketosis.
Unread 11-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
klacc
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Credits: 1,520.00
klacc is on a distinguished road

There is a difference between telling people what they should do and actually doing it themselves.

Facebook Comments