Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii Talks Forums > Teh Noob Section! - Introductions

Unread 02-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
Dibbs
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Frozen Tundra
Credits: 1,628.74
Dibbs is on a distinguished road
Default A day late and a dollar short

Hi everyone-I should have joined this site a long, long time ago when I was having a chat with a friend of mine about forums and she sent me two links stating one was everything a forum shouldn't be and the other was exactly what a forum should be-this one being the latter of the two. At the time I was somewhat burnt out on forums and I also had the notion that this place was mainly for people that lived in Hawaii so I didn't join then. I actually did spend two years living there on Oahu where my friend lived-just happened that they were the first two years of my life there and have no memories of being there-my dad was in the Air Force and was stationed there. After that we moved back to the tundra we call Minnesota. Anyway most of you reading this probably know who I'm talking about and I'm guessing most have figured out that I'm talking about Rui aka Looney Bin Resident.

I didn't realize Rui's health was as bad as it was-she was always in such a good mood whenever I talked to her and down played her health problems to me. I was going to call her the other day-Tuesday the 25th and as I went to find her number from my facebook messages I discovered that Rui had moved on from this Earthly world and continued on her journey. I regret not having known that she had made the decision she had but as has been said here by many of you I'm glad she left as she had lived-on her own terms.

Anyway I little about me-I'm 38 and married with kids-a daughter of 17 and a son that will soon be 4. The son is with my wife who I've been with for 15 years now-that is an amazing and unreal thing for me to see in writing as it seems like such a long time but it really doesn't seem like it's been that long. We've had our ups and downs but I've known she was the one for me as soon as we started dating although I didn't tell her that-in fact I spent the next 7 years telling her I didn't believe in the institution of marriage and didn't understand why anyone needed a little piece of paper to be together. My daughter is with a gal that I was with for a very short time-two months and they weren't even consecutive months and although her mother did all she could to keep me out of her life she didn't succeed and although I don't see her often these days with her being busy with work, school, friends and all I still see her when I can and talk to her as often as I can.

I met Rui at sexforums quite a while ago-at least 4-5 years ago as it was before my son was born. I never expected to be much more than an acquaintance of hers there but before I knew it we were emailing one another and chatting now and again-not as often as I'd have liked and I see now had I been a member here I'd have gotten to know her even better but I'm glad to have known her at all and always enjoyed her quirky sense of humor which is something we shared and I'm sure one of the reasons we stayed in contact with one another.

Anyway that's a little about me and I look forward to poking around the forums and making some new friends here. I really was hoping to meet up with Rui someday-once had a dream that I had met her at an airport-we never were able to get out of the airport for some reason in my dream. Anyway even though I'm a day late and a dollar short I want to visit Hawaii more then ever before.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 02-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 69,936.12
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road

Dibbs...I feel you. That was epically worded. Please take the time to join us in our conversations. Thanks for joining.
Unread 02-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
lois
short fuse

Additional Info
Mos Eisley
Send a message via AIM to lois
Credits: 19,592.93
lois is on a distinguished road

hi Dibbs! welcome. sorry you heard about Rui that way.

"She's blunt, she's loud, and she tells you crap you don't want to hear."--Mike

i can only please one person a day. you're too late for today and tomorrow doesn't look good either.
Unread 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Dibbs
Sand Facial

Additional Info
Frozen Tundra
Credits: 1,628.74
Dibbs is on a distinguished road

Thank you both-I've been a bit busy with life and haven't taken the time to visit here since posting this and that is something I need to change, after all it only takes a few moments out of my day to do so. One reason I came here today is someone recently asked me if I thought a person knew if they were dead or in a coma-an odd question to be sure. At first I thought they were talking about someone else but soon realized they were talking about themselves-an even odder question considering I had just asked this person the day before what her beliefs were if any concerning the belief in a God or an afterlife. Anyway I remembered reading someone who knew Rui describe her account of when she was in a coma and promised to send it to this woman I know who seems to be struggling with some very personal issues.
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
ArchangelX
Forum BOB-Erator

Additional Info
Kalihi, Oahu, HI
Wii Friend Code: 0793 7742 9373 2923
Credits: 69,936.12
ArchangelX is on a distinguished road

It's cool, Dibbs. Have a good one.

Facebook Comments