Stock Trader Top Investors HT Affiliates
Go Back   Hawaii Talks - Hawaii's Online Community Forums! > Hawaii Talks Forums > General Discussion

HT Hosting

Unread 06-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #26
corytomo
Big Kahuna

Additional Info

The system itself is flawed, there is no incentive on getting out of it. You should see a lot of the families that my mom who worked in Waianae taught. They are raised in the environment, and it treats them so well, they don't care to actually get a real job, finish school, or do anything to jepordize thier welfare checks. And they have more kids to get a bigger check.
Unread 06-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #27
jdmhookup
Gun

Additional Info
Credits: 2,396.23
jdmhookup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act162this
good point - this is also a possibility. lots of these people are so used to the welfare, or "entitlement" mentality that there is really no incentive to work, be productive, etc... they're so used to getting something for nothing, that they will probably want even more for doing just a little bit. hell, they'll probably b@#$$ about how the unfair, evil system is discriminating against them because, god forbid, they might actually have to do something.

it's not about bettering themselves, learning a trade, etc..., it's about how they can suck more juice out of the system with minimal effort.
Are you talking about Politicians ? Sure sounds like it.
Unread 06-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #28
zerozero
no bullsh*t

Additional Info
nalo
Credits: 3,058.40
zerozero is on a distinguished road

I think your dislike for what the politicians are doing to us is corrupting your ablility to see what the entitlements are doing to society.

I / You / We all pay for that unemployed family of 12 to play volleyball and BBQ on the beach everyday while we work and pay taxes.

The politicans are going to screw us no matter what.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Unread 06-02-2008, 07:48 AM   #29
jdmhookup
Gun

Additional Info
Credits: 2,396.23
jdmhookup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozero
I think your dislike for what the politicians are doing to us is corrupting your ablility to see what the entitlements are doing to society.

I / You / We all pay for that unemployed family of 12 to play volleyball and BBQ on the beach everyday while we work and pay taxes.

The politicans are going to screw us no matter what.

I rather pay for the 12 peeps to play volleyball and stay out of making ridiculous decisions that effect US.
THEN.the hand full of Mufi,Rail panel,politicans that are putting millions in thier own pockets and STILL MAKE DECISIONS for the citizens that they make money on and we pay more!

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #30
Act162this
PW Aficionado

Additional Info
Credits: 10,028.55
Act162this is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by corytomo
The system itself is flawed, there is no incentive on getting out of it. You should see a lot of the families that my mom who worked in Waianae taught. They are raised in the environment, and it treats them so well, they don't care to actually get a real job, finish school, or do anything to jepordize thier welfare checks. And they have more kids to get a bigger check.
and there you go...

they may not have completed school (or even attend high school), but they know economics.

more kids = bigger check, marginal cost of each additional kid decreases, since clothes, toys, etc... can be recycled (while amount received for each kid remains the same or increases).

end result = relatively more disposable income for each additional kid they squeeze out.

financial incentive to get a job = are you nuts? and jeopardize free everything?

incentive to go to school = none. to continue receiving their checks for each school-age kid, the kind only needs to be enrolled in a DOE school. they do not have to actually ATTEND school, just be enrolled.

case managers are so overworked they don't have time to worry or care about if the kids are actually attending.

thus, parents and kids only show up at the beginning and end of each school year to ge their attendance verification papers signed, and disappear into the woodwork for the rest of the time.

Facebook Comments